browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

When 5% equals 85%

Posted by on February 22, 2012

As a middle class American, I can assure you that I work hard for every cent I make. I get real tired of all these people who seem to think that the 1% needs to pay their ‘fair share’!! What they really are saying is that they want/need/expect the 1% to pay for everyone so that the other 99% does not have to pay anything at all or at least less.

Does that sound ‘fair’ to you?? Certainly does not sound fair to me! I think I already pay too much as it is myself anyway. What really needs to happen is that the government needs to stop spending all of our hard earned money on entitlement programs! To pay a ‘fair share’ would be to pay the same percentage of money as everyone else.

There are people that pay nothing (and even get free stuff!) as well as those of us that pay something. I have heard that the top 5% of wage earners in this country pay 85% of the revenue that the government takes in. If this is true, that is totally unfair! Maybe if EVERYONE paid their ‘fair share’ and some of these entitlement programs were overhauled to fix the ‘leaks’ then we would not be in this mess.

If the folks that paid the 85% of the countrys revenue decided to move themselves to another country then the US would lose a large chunk of their revenue – guess where it will come from if that happens – yup, you and me. We will all get stuck with the tab so lets stop biting the hand that feeds us and start fixing whats broke instead of just pumping the well dry!!


Leave a Reply  |   Listed in LS Blogs the Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine